April 16, 2013
Run for the Kids 5k 2014
The sunny morning of April 13th brought local runners, joggers, and walkers to Virtua Hospital Voorhees certified track. Run for the Kids is a 5K for runners, but also includes a one-mile walking component for those wanting to raise awareness, but participate at a slower pace. All participants received shirts and commemorative medals.
“Run for the Kids will make a difference in the lives and care for children here in South Jersey. It’s truly a local event because the participants are local, and are helping local kids in Virtua Hospital,” Cheryl Squadrito said. “It’s great to help the little ones who are literally in our backyard.”
Carz N' Toyz would like to congratulate the winners of each category:
- Top Male Finisher 5k: #46 Stan C.
- Top Female Finisher 5k: #52 Danielle S.
- Male Age Group 0-14: #5 Brian C.
- Female Age Group 0-14: #17 Lindsay K.
- Male Age Group 15-25: #8 johnny B.
- Female Age Group 15-25: #33 Mary N.
- Male Age Group 26-35: #3 Jon A.
- Female Age Group 26-35: #37 Tina R.
- Male Age Group 36-50: #15 Mark G.
- Female Age Group 36-50: #4 Sandy B.
- Male Age Group 51-99: #17 Jeffery H.
- Female Age Group 51-99: #23 Joan K.
We would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all of the runners, walkers, and supporters for making our "Run for the Kids" event a huge success. We look forward to next year’s event scheduled for April 19th 2015.